There is an old saw: When you want something done, give it to a busy person. In our ethnic and legal community as well as the community-at-large, that person is Michael.
The principal and managing attorney for the law firm of Michael V. Favia and Associates, and counsel to the health care law firm of Goldberg Law Group, Michael is recognized for his extensive legal and administrative skills, which he uses to oversee and operate a most successful general civil practice firm. He also serves, very valuably, as of-counsel to the real estate tax reduction firm of Amari & Locallo.
As a highly skilled lawyer with 20-plus years of experience, Michael continues to be designated as a “Leading Attorney” by his peers. Michael utilizes his health law background in conjunction with a highly skilled team of litigators, experts and investigators to obtain optimal results for his clients.
To list all of the leadership roles Favia has assumed over the years in these areas would require too many pages. But some examples over the years are:
* Delegate for many years on the Illinois State Bar Association Assembly, the supreme governing body of this 37,000-member statewide legal organization.
* Member of the Medical-Legal Relations Committee of the Chicago Bar Association as well as the prestigious Health Care Law Section Council of the ISBA
* Retained attorney for the Chicago City Councils Committee on Housing and Neighborhood Development, having the responsibility for the overall legal operation of the committee and the drafting of applicable legal ordinances
* Trustee on the governing board of the John Marshall Law School, and chairman on many of its significant committees, in addition to recently serving as president of the school’s alumni association board
* Trustee on the Illinois College of Optometry, serving for many years as secretary of the board
* Board member of the Italian American Political Coalition
* Member of the advisory board of the Northwest Business College
* Past Executive Committee Member of Joint Civic Committee of Italian Americans
* Member of the Northbrook Safety Commission
* Associate member of the Illinois Police Association
From 1988-1996, Michael was appointed by the governor of the state of Illinois as the chief attorney and technical advisor to the Illinois Department of Profession Regulation. In that capacity, he directed the statewide enforcement of the various professional licensing statuses, including the Medical Practice Act, and supervised well over a dozen attorneys and support personnel in the statewide regulation well over 150,000 professionals in 30-plus professions.
He currently represents all types of clients, including individuals, small and large companies, professionals, professional groups and organizations. He is frequently retained by other law firms to assist in the representation of their health-care clients.
Michael represents clients throughout the state of Illinois. He has also been appointed or retained as an adviser and/or counsel to various public and private entities over the last 20 years.
Historically, Michael represented the state as an assistant Illinois attorney general. In this capacity, he was lead attorney in numerous civil fraud actions filed by that office, successfully collecting many millions of dollars in restitution and fines as a direct result of his aggressive prosecution of fraudulent individuals and companies.
In the mid to late 1980s, Michael was also an adviser and counsel to several elected officials in the city of Chicago. He advised various aldermen and other city officials on a daily basis, and represented the interests of the city and community in various courts and at administrative hearings.
Michael has authored many articles dealing with his area of concentration, professional regulation of medical professionals, and is a much sought after lecturer.
Highly respected, and extraordinarily well liked, he is one of the real “go to” persons in our community, mike resides in Northbrook with his beautiful wife, Patricia, and their two daughters, Christina and Nicole.